Friday, July 29, 2011

Determined to Shop!

Have you missed me?
Sorry it's been so long!
  We've been sooo busy lately that I have just been physically and mentally exhausted when I get home at night. So, I apologize, but blogging hasn't crossed my mind much!



Have you ever been determined to shop?
I have.
And yesterday is proof... I worked in Starkville yesterday, and planned on making a quick trip to Kroger after work. (Just to pick up a few freebies, & almost freebies.)

Well, Guess what???......

I left my money at home!! No cash, no debit card... NOTHING!
(I guess another sign of exhaustion!)

I found $3 in my purse! That's it!

Would that have stopped you from going to Kroger?

Not me!!

It just made it more fun! 

So, here is my first transaction:
6- tubes of Crest toothpaste @ $1 (had (4) .75/1 Q's)
3- bottles of Ivory body wash @ $1 (used (3) .50/1 Q's, they doubled)
1- bottle of Softsoap @ $1 (used $1/1 Q)
1- Nivea lip treatment @ $1.49 (used $1/! Q)
Makes my total: $3.49 (+ tax)
I also had a $3 Catalina from a previous trip.
So my final total was: $0.49 + (.70 sales tax)= $1.19= Success!!

Also... Crest has a Catalina right now. If you spend $6, you receive a $2 Catalina. So that's right! I got one of those too!! Leaving me extra money! =) Wow! Look how God can stretch a few dollars!!

Did I stop there? 

Of course not!!

Here is my next transaction:
1- bag fun size Snickers peanut butter @ $1.87
2- Hershey's Symphony bars (baking size) @ $1.34
Total: $4.87 (includes tax) 
I used (2) $2 Catalinas. 
Making this total: $0.87

Total spent at Kroger: $2.06
Leaving me with almost another dollar!

Without Kroger card and Q's, I would have spent almost $30. So I saved over 95%!!

I would not want to do this on a regular basis! I do not normally try to cut it this close, But it was super fun!
I was determined to get my shopping fix! No better stress reliever than a little "retail therapy!"

I'll leave you with one last very important shopping tip:

Always, Pray before you shop!
Ask God to help you to use the money that he has blessed you with wisely, and to help you find what you need, at the prices you can afford! It's amazing what he can do with just a few dollars! Or $3!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, saw your post on facebook about your blog, so I hopped over to read. I've not started "saving" yet! But, I love blogging. Most people who do not blog, think this is the strangest thing. :)) But, I enjoy it. Hey you saved on the Aloe Vera too, it's free! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! The more readers, the better! I love reading blogs too! And thanks again for the Aloe Vera.... I am so excited about it! I know it's crazy, but I love little things like that, especially when it ties into fond childhood memories of my grandparents! And Aloe Vera always reminds me of my "Memaw Zel"!

    ReplyDelete