Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun Friday

Okay.... so I am very blessed to have Fridays off!!
Blessed...spoiled....whatever you wanna call it! I don't care!
But I am very thankful! And I think it makes me love my job even more (if that's possible!)
I LOVE having an extra day to spend with my family and do whatever we (or I) want.

So CL has been begging to have a Lemonade Stand, and this was the first chance we got! Mainly because I actually wrote it on the calender and set a date, which seemed to help. (Good Advice from my Lil Sis)
So we made Lemonade, made a sign, took a pic to advertise on FB, and started serving about 12:45 yesterday afternoon. He made enough money to purchase a Wii game that he's been wanting, and learned a little bit about hard work in the process...That's success, if you ask me!
I love that precious boy! He's the best!


After the Lemonade stand, I was itching to go somewhere (even with all I needed to do to clean my house!)
So, I decided to drive over and check out my new favorite store, "The Raspberry Beret" and see if she had anything new... And Guess what? ...
She did! I love that store!
For those of you who may not know, we have a new consignment shop in town, and it is so much fun! I like to go about once a week, or so. I took a few of CL's Polo shirts, and it's really paid off!
I get free stuff all the time! Like this cute little planter that I bought got for free, with the intent of finding some Aloe Vera to plant in it! And I found some within minutes of posting on Winston's "Buy, Sell, or Trade" page on FB. (Thanks so much, Karen S.) I love that page! It's like Craigslist, but much more trustworthy!

So, I got  my shopping fix, and went home to straighten up the house, make potato salad and Symphony brownies, and get ready for company! (My parents) 

THE MENU:
Cliff's Smoked Ribs
 (They are to die for!! Anyone who knows me, knows how picky I am, so if I say they're awesome, They really, really are!)
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
French Bread
Symphony Brownies

Why did I not take a pic?? It was delish!

So, anyway...

As soon as we finished eating, Momma and I decided to make a quick trip to Dirt Cheap!
It was almost 7:30, (they close @ 8) so it had to be quick!
Yes, I know...Gross, right? 
I used to hate it (and sometimes I still do!)
But, my need (and want) to save money on cool stuff can sometimes overtake my anxiety & "fear of germs."
I can take another shower, and I can scrub and sterilize whatever I may buy. 
However, I will NEVER be one to dig through that stuff. Something is just too gross about shampoo that has spilled over books, alarm clocks, and bedsheets. I just can't handle it. More power to you, if you can!
So now, I have to brag about the deals I found that "jumped out" at me!
This Green Brita smart pitcher
(I almost purchased one of these about a month ago! I am so glad I waited!)

This cost me a whopping $3.15!!
(and not a scratch on it!)


I also got this wall quote for $1.75!

As you can see, it is not completely on the wall, yet.
It's harder than I thought! Maybe that is why I found it @ Dirt Cheap! Ha Ha..
Any tips, would be appreciated! Thanks!


Hope I didn't bore you too bad with all the details of my Friday...
Just wanted to share all of my awesome finds with you. 
Hey, I should be paid for all of the FREE advertisement! Haha
Just Kidding!

 
 
By the way... There will be 4 inserts in the paper tomorrow.  Be sure to get yours on your way to church in the morning, not on your way home, or you may miss out!  I suggest 1 paper, per member of your household!


Hope you all have a great weekend!
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Deals, deals, deals! Love the green water pitcher, much prettier than mine. :) But, just cannot do the "Dirt Cheap" store. I've tried numerous times, and you and I must share the same "clean freak thingy! TOO Dirty for me. So glad to help you out with the aloe. It definitely comes in handy for a first-aid product. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete