Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Kroger" Mega Event

     Since I have started couponing... I get really, really, super-excited about "Kroger" Mega Events!! And Guess What?!!! A new one starts tomorrow!! And it is a BIG ONE!! I can't wait to go shopping! Along with a few other things, I plan to stock up on Bagel Bites, Popcorn, and FREE Smartwater!!
     For those of you who may not quite understand what a Mega Event is, I will attempt to explain:
     A mega event is a special sale that usually runs for about 2 weeks. It is a group of items that, when grouped together, offer great savings (even better when you add your Q's). It may be advertised like this, Buy 10, get $5 off instantly (like this one), Buy 5, get $5 off, instantly, Buy 4, get $4 off instantly, etc. This Mega Event is a "Buy 10, get $5 off instantly" one, which means that you must purchase the items in multiples of 10, in order to get the savings. Not 9, or 11. It must be multiples of 10! If you have only 8 items, find the cheapest item on the event, and buy 2. (There are usually several items under $1, to chose from.) Just make sure it is multiples of 10! I can't stress this enough. (You will be sweating at check-out time if you mess up!) This can get a little confusing, if you are purchasing Non-Mega Event items, as well!
How do I keep this straight, ,without spending hours and hours in Kroger? I'm glad you asked! 
Here's how:
My Reusable Shopping Bags!!

I put my reusable bags in my shopping cart. Non-Mega Event items go in the cart like normal, but I place Mega Event items in my bags. Once I have 10 items in a bag, I zip it or tie it, and push it aside. I'm done with that one and don't have to count or recount anymore. If I forget my bags, I waste lots of time trying to count. I may look like a Crazy Coupon Girl (CCG), but I don't care!! I am saving tons of money!

Happy Savings!
Lindsey

You can find the listings of all items that are included in the event on Kroger's website, and of course on my favorite site, www.southernsavers.com 

Want to learn more? Contact my sister, Laney or me by email: sistersandsavings@gmail.com. And host your own "Learn to Coupon" Home party.

No comments:

Post a Comment